Monday 4 days before Christmas calls for Grinch Muffins, only we’ve been making them all month.
The same basic recipe as my Grinch Loaf but with heart, the little twist A wanted to add. Adding a maraschino cherry “heart” inside is a fun surprise that will make anyone smile.
If you’re a regular reader or follow me on social media you already know I LOVE Christmas, it runs through my blood, and almost nothing can break my spirit. Grinch is just my, our, 2020 Christmas spirit if you will.
Grinch Muffins are flavored with pistachio pudding and crushed pineapple. If you’ve ever had Watergate Salad that’s kind of where the inspirations for Grinch Loaf and Grinch Muffins came from. If you wanted to enjoy them as cupcakes they are delicious topped with whipped topping! They get their bright green color from spinach, don’t worry kids you can’t taste it.
We haven’t made a lot of cookies this year, only some Grinch Cookies, instead enjoying Grinch Muffins, donuts, and our Krispie Treat House we made instead of a traditional gingerbread house.
What are your plans this week?
We are hoping for snow so we can get out and have fun and to help boost the Christmas spirit as we usually have snow by now.
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
New things are coming in the new year, including a change to Meatless Monday. Next Monday will be our last Meatless Monday but don’t worry we will have a new link-up in 2021, still on Monday, and Deborah and I really hope you join us and we are able to grow out community to what it use to be or maybe even bigger.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||22 minutes|
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 3.4 oz box instant pistachio pudding
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 c sugar
- 2 TBSP butter, or butter substitute softened
- 1/3 c crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 c canola, or neutral oil
- 3/4 c plain Greek yogurt, or thick non-dairy yogurt
- 2 TBSP thawed frozen chopped spinach for a boost of color (squeezed and packed to remove moisture)
- 24 maraschino cherries, no stems
- 2-3 TBSP powder sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- With a whisk or hand mixer, combine the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, oil and yogurt. Mix until evenly combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin, just under half full in each.
- Push a maraschino cherry into each muffin.
- Bake for 22 minutes, or until center is set, and a toothpick inserted comes out crumb free.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Dust with powder sugar.
If you don't have crushed pineapple you can use a food processor or blender to chop another form of pineapple.
Like it, PIN it for later!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
this whole Grinch theme is super cute! Love how you hide the spinach in there. Happy holidays to you all and merry Christmas
What a cute idea.