Summer Berry Ice Cream Pizza coming in hot, wait no enjoy it while it’s hot… out and quick before it melts! Perfect treat to enjoy for the 4th or anytime this summer.
Summer is officially here along with the heat and humidity which means it’s ice cream time! A (my youngest daughter, age 11) has been wanting to get in the kitchen and baking and cook with me but I have been trying to avoid heating up the house with the oven and baking the banana bread we can’t stop early in the morning. My kids are not early risers, not even Baby G, so we have been whipping up some no bake treats. A is loving ice cream pizzas, aka Treatzza Pizza if you are a fan of Dairy Queen, and pretty much created this Summer Berry Ice Cream Pizza herself!
Not only did she put smiles on the faces of everyone who got to enjoy a slice but also mamas because I love spending time in the kitchen with her!
All you need is a handful of ingredients and about 30 minutes, plus about an hour for the pizza to set.
Cookies- A picked Golden Oreos for this one but we’ve also used Enjoy Life Vanilla Graham Cookies (gluten free, vegan) so I’ve added weight and measurements you will just have to use the amount of butter or coconut oil used if using other cookies or ones without cream filling.
Ice Cream- Your favorite vanilla ice cream! Any ice cream will do, we’ve used two favorites in our house Tillamook and NadaMoo (dairy free, vegan) and both are delicious!
Berries- We used fresh strawberries and defrosted frozen blueberries (so we could swirl), but any fresh or frozen berries can be used.
Butter (dairy free butter sub), or coconut oil for making the crust.
Simple, fun, and festive this is a great dessert to have the kids help with. It’s a sweet way to end the week, and enjoy of Friday, aka pizza night. Speaking of pizza, because we’ve been on a kick again recently, we made an amazing pizza crust without yeast last Friday. When you can’t get yeast just use beer! Hoping to share the recipe soon but only photographed on a Buffalo Chicken Pizza. As if 9 pizzas wasn’t enough Friday (social distancing get together with neighbors outside) we’ll be testing again up north. IF all goes well I might share the recipe with those photos since I won’t have my stuff up north and will get it shared next week.
I can’t wait to whip up another Summer Berry Ice Cream Pizza for the 4th after picking strawberries. That is unless A takes over again.
Hope you all have a wonderful week and a safe 4th of July!
If you’ve joined us for Meatless Monday Monday I hope you consider linking up Deborah and me below or sharing what you you’re making for Meatless Monday or just drop what’s happening in your kitchen below.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Passive Time||60 minutes|
slices (9" pan)
- 24 cup golden sandwich cookies (280g, 2 1/3 cups crumbs)*
- 4 TBSP butter or coconut oil, melted*
- 1 c vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 c frozen wild blueberries, defrosted
- 3-6 strawberries (large if wanting to cut stars from the sides or you can slice/chop smaller strawberries)
- Start by removing your ice cream from the freezer and setting out on the counter to soften a little.
- Line your springform pan with a sheet of parchment paper. You can also use a pie pan, dinner plate, or just the outer ring for a guide (putting down a sheet of parchment will help it from sticking and keep your crust together).
- Crumble/crust your cookies using a mini food processor or placing in a large zip lock bag and smashing.
- Pulse or stir in butter/coconut oil and press mixture into prepared pan or form.
- Defrosted blueberries in the microwave and while they're defrosting cut strawberries into stars if desired or just slice/chop them.
- Spoon out ice cream into a bowl and stir if it's melted. If it's just softened enough and not melty you can spoon onto the middle of your curst and spread out with an offset spatula or back of a large spoon.
- Spoon defrosted blueberries, swirl with a spoon, and add strawberries. Or just decorate with fresh or frozen berries as desired.
- Place pizza in the freezer to set 30 minutes to an hour.
- Slice with a large sharp knife.
Crust is listed for Golden Oreos weight and cup measurements are added for other cookies as we've also used Enjoy Life Golden Graham Cookies and others. When using cookies without a cream filling a little more butter/coconut oil may be needed. Crust is also listed for a thicker crust as that is what A wanted the day we made this one, for a thin crust you can use half he amount listed. Any berries, fresh or frozen, can be used.
Like it, PIN it for later!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
oh my that looks delish. I love the idea of the oreo crust how can that not be amazing!
Kate – Gluten Free Alchemist
What a yummy dessert. And so pretty too x